P.J. Keating Company, a CRH company, is a leading manufacturer of aggregate and HMA products and Paving and Construction in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We operate aggregate and Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) production facilities in Acushnet, Dracut, and Lunenburg, Massachusetts as well as Cranston, Rhode Island. Our modern facilities, veteran paving crews, experienced construction management team and large investment in plants and equipment make us one of the largest and most efficient producers in the state of Massachusetts as well as one of only two RIDOT approved stone suppliers in the state of Rhode Island.
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then P.J. Keating Company and CRH is the company for you! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
The Construction Foreperson is responsible for overseeing a specific task(s) within a project or an entire smaller project under the supervision of a Project Manager/Superintendent or other designate of the Construction Manager. The Foreperson is the contractor's representative at a construction site. The Foreperson directs and coordinates the activities including subcontractors for the project and ensures compliance with company strategy, commitments and goals.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
* Planning and scheduling daily/weekly yields for construction materials, equipment and labor.
* Responsible for the day-to-day productivity and work assignments of the team.
* Experience overseeing productive installation of concrete barrier preferred.
* Communicate daily with stakeholders to determine workload and to facilitate the scheduling of personnel, equipment and trucks.
* Coordinate with Quality Control personnel for material changes and compaction requirements.
* When required coordinate daily operations with customer/owner's representatives.
* Must be capable of general project layout and sequencing.
* Must be capable of setting up a work zone.
* Must be capable of supervising subcontractor operations and the placement of flaggers.
* Ensure all operations are in full compliance with Federal/State/Local Regulations including Environmental, OSHA/VOSHA, MUTCD and DOT Regulations.
* Ensure compliance with company policies and operating guidelines
* Accurate and timely preparation of timecards, equipment hours and production reports.
* Optimize project efficiencies in transportation, materials and productivity rates.
* Maintain positive relations with the customer/owners representatives.
* Maintain inventory and use of personal protective equipment as needed during operations as required.
* Ability to detect safety hazards and respond accordingly.
* Monitor project costs and revenues by reviewing internal project reports and meeting frequently with the customer/owner representatives on pay quantities prior to each estimate.
* Capable of measuring pay quantities and filling out InField and production reports.
* Be familiar with and ensure proper and timely completion of equipment/vehicle condition report (LMP-68)
* Adhere to any and all state and federal regulations, if applicable, as set forth by the US Department of Transportation (DOT), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), or any other regulatory agency.
* Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
* Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
* Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
* Report to the assigned job site in uniform and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
* Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Environmental, Health & Safety Manual.
* Strict adherence to P.J. Keating Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Manual.
* Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
* Planning, assigning, and directing work.
* Willingness to develop others' technical and leadership skills and make recommendations for new job opportunities when appropriate.
* Effective management of employee performance through coaching, feedback (written and verbal), rewards, and discipline when necessary.
* Addressing complaints and resolving problems in a timely manner.
* Lead by example.
* Ability to get work done through others using effective delegation, scheduling, and time management practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Five to seven years industry experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Ability to read and interpret documents, reports and company manuals. Ability to write detailed correspondence, effectively present information and be able to respond to questions from management, staff, customers and the general public.
* Ability to recognize problems and put forth reasonable solutions by establishing the facts. Ability to interpret data from reports, project specification or project plans.
* Must possess a valid driver's license and have/maintain a good driving record.
* Ability to complete necessary mathematical equations and have an understanding and knowledge of algebra and trigonometry.
* Must demonstrate the ability to use a computer to communicate and analyze data. This includes but is not limited to the use of Outlook, MS Office programs, construction software and web-based programs.
* Be familiar with all roles, equipment, and tasks associated with your project(s) and have the ability and willingness to fill in on any role or task as necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This chart outlines the physical requirements necessary to perform the duties of this job.
0 ? 10 lbs
10 ? 25 lbs
25 ? 50 lbs
50 ? 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near heavy equipment and trucks and is frequently exposed to existing weather conditions, fumes, or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This chart outlines the potential work environment the employees may be exposed to while performing the duties of this job.
Exposed to Noise
Exposed to High Heat
Working with Others
What CRH Americas Offers You
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
P.J. Keating Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 10, 2019
Nearest Major Market: Worcester
Job Segment: Construction, Engineering
Associated topics: administrative, administrative assistant, assist, assistance, associate, human resources, mail room, office, secretary, support
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.