Skills for Rhode Island s Future is recruiting candidates forTaylor Farms
. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island s Future at the end of this job description.COMPANY NAME: Taylor FarmsJOB TITLE: Director of Food Safety & QALOCATION: North Kingstown, RIHOURS: Full-Time
The role of the Director of Food Safety & QA is to work closely with the President and VP of National Quality Systems and other senior management team members and the Quality team to ensure the safety and quality of all Taylor Farms New England food products.Key Responsibilities:
Successful candidates will have:
- Manage QA Technicians, Sanitation Technicians, Supervisors and Managers
- Mentor and develop managerial and supervisory employees within the QA and Sanitation department.
- Oversee management and corrective actions for all customer complaints and foreign object complaints.
- Oversee all Mock Recalls performed at a minimum of twice per year.
- Conduct all 3rd party audits Plan, Schedule and Coordinate all Customer, Regulatory and Third-Party audits.
- Execute or ensure the appropriate tracking and Documentation of all external audits are executed in a timely manner.
- Maintain the SQF Practitioner Status by attending and successfully completing SQF Training and Examination. This status also requires a minimum of 16 class hours of HACCP training have been completed and continued training will be completed as necessary. The SQF Practitioner shall lead the development and implementation of Food Safety Fundamentals and oversee the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the SFQ 2000 System. Take appropriate action to maintain the integrity of the SQF 2000 System and communicate to the relevant personnel all information essential to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of SQF 2000 Systems.
- Conduct all internal facility food safety audits Plan and execute food safety audits for the facility. These audits are to include a comprehensive facility review with the goal of identifying areas of opportunity that will drive continuous improvement and permanent solutions to food safety and quality issues for the company. This monthly audit will include a review of Sanitation, Pest Control, Metal Detection Systems, Bio-Security / Food Defense programs, Pre-Requisite program supporting documentation and HACCP CCP documentation. This activity shall include the use of Root Cause Analysis and will require documented verification that all corrective actions have been completed prior to the next scheduled audit.
- HACCP Coordinator Schedule and Implement HACCP review meetings a minimum of once per calendar year and ensure that appropriate process reviews are accomplished anytime a process or product change may impact existing HACCP plans ore may require new or additional HACCP plans. Ensure that all company HACCP plans are maintained and updated as needed and kept current at all times. HACCP meeting minutes shall be documented and retained for audit review.
- Oversee all aspects of the Microbiological Sampling Program Review GLP standards, ensure AOAC certification compliance is maintained and conducted quarterly or as specified by AOAC.
- Oversee all customer and product specifications
- Oversee and Conduct required Food Safety Training and ensure that specific training topics are adequately provided for all Taylor Farm New England employees. Ensure that training is conducted to functions or personnel affecting product legality, safety and quality shall be defined and documented.
- Oversee Pest Management Company Identify and Execute any needed editing, correction, enhancement or updating of these programs and will work closely with provider to ensure the completeness and effectiveness of these programs
- Oversee Documentation Review Ensure that all Policies, SOP s, CCP Monitoring Documents and tracking activities such as corrective actions, reports and meeting minutes associated with all of the above activities, are managed.
- Work with customers to improve working partnerships
- Oversee and Enforce all GMP, GAP and HACCP Food Safety Programs
- The Development, Publication, Maintenance and Coordination of all food safety programs at Taylor Farms New England.
- For Coordination of Customer, Regulatory and Third-Party Audits.
- For the planning and implementation of all specific Third-Party certification programs including AKC Kosher Certification and SQF (GFSI).
- Maintaining SQF Practitioner certification requirements, HACCP Coordinator and Recall Coordinator.
- Require interaction and familiarity with a wide spectrum of organizations and individuals, including Taylor Farms National Quality and Food Safety Programs, fellow Taylor Farms regional plants and Associates, Supplier and Customer Representatives, Federal, State, Regional and Local Authorities.
- Ability to accomplish goals through the good will and cooperation of individuals not directly under the supervision of the Director of Food Safety.
- In the absences of this position, duties will be assumed by the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Assume duties of the Quality Assurance Manager and Sanitation Manager, during emergencies.
- Oversees the operations of both Quality Assurance Manager and team and the Sanitation Manager and team.
- Additional duties as required
HOW TO APPLY
- Bachelor s Degree in a science related field, preferably Microbiology, Crop Science, Biology, Agricultural Business and/or Food Science
- Minimum of 10 years work experience with Food Safety and Quality Assurance in a food plant manufacturing environment.
- HACCP Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point certification / formalized training
- Experience developing and implementing a functional HACCP program
- Working knowledge of Food Plant Sanitation, Pest Control and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Knowledge of GAP requirements for farming operations desirable
- 10 years of Quality Assurance Management experience
- Specific Audit experience with 3rd party External auditors; SQF, Primus, QAI, Silliker, NSF Cook & Thurber, Yum! Brands, Regulatory Affairs (State, Federal and Local).
- Experience with Pest Management Companies / Experience developing a Pest Management Program
- Experience developing and implementing Raw, Finished and Environmental Microbiological Analysis Programs
- Experience developing and performing monthly Facility Food Safety Audits
- Experience developing, implementing and training Standard Operating Procedures
- Experience developing Raw and Finished product specifications
- Experience developing Prerequisite Programs
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Experience with Customer Complaint database tracking and feedback program
- Experience in Sanitation Procedures
- Experience working with Regulatory Affairs (USDA & FDA)
- Enforce required PPE and OSHA compliance
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Word, Excel and Access experience required
- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish, but not required
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island s Future website atwww.skillsforri.com/jobs
. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island s Future andTaylor Farms
will make the final hiring decisions.WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island s Future s team willguide
and provide you withsupport
throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.
Associated topics: process, prevent, qa, quality, quality assurance analyst, quality assurance engineer, software quality assurance, software quality engineer, test engineer, tester
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...